A New Addition to Our Family!



On June 21, 2014, Kairi was born at 9 ounces and 16 inches. She was not planned, but we love her with all our hearts. 

Okay, in all seriousness, I have been wanting to make myself a Build-A-Bear since Scott and I first got together. We are kids at heart, so what is better than creating a freakin' stuffed animal! As aforementioned she was not "planned," it was very spontaneous. We just saw all these girls in the mall with Build-A-Bear boxes, and I could not contain my excitement! I pulled Scott into the store with me and instantly fell in love with the lamb.
     

I picked out her heart and stepped on the stuffing pedal, and Scott made the wish upon the heart and kissed it. We also recorded "I love you" into the bear of our own voices. It was initially suppose to be just Scott saying "I love you" as a gift to me, but I figured that because we are making it together it would be nice to hear both of our voices.

We gave her her first bath, and dressed her up in a little, pink tutu with a headband. We did not know what to name her up until making her "Birth Certificate."


As silly as it sounds, I am so fortunate to be able to run around happily in the store with a guy who feels just as happy and content stuffing, bathing, and dressing up a bear lamb.



0 comments:

Post a Comment