Goals for July!



1. Attend weekly workout classes. I have recently gotten bit by the Yoga bug along with my roommates. Because we are full-time students, we have access to the campus gym. Although the 1.2 mile distance from the apartment to the gym is a workout in itself, especially in this heat, we still take part of the different workouts they have to offer. So far, we have done a HIIT, Pilates, and Yoga class. If I had not already worked out during the day before the class, I would go running and do some weights after the class.



2. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. If you have trouble intaking water, a good tip that works for me is getting a sturdy water bottle with a straw. As I was writing this, I actually found myself in this position. Unlike exercise, you do not need to focus when intaking water; so blogging in this position actually got me to finish the water bottle before I even finished this sentence. Water is very beneficial for the body, and I have seen a difference in my skin. Before this journey, I was an avid sweet tea drinker, so I am trying to break the habit by just loving water.


3. Run a mile without stopping. I am not much of a runner. I hate the feeling of my entire front bouncing up and down for everyone to see. The longest I have ever ran without a walking break is about a mile, and I have been trying to become a runner because cardio is important. So far, I have only been able to run half a mile at a comfortable 5mph, but I am determined to get to a mile or two by the end of the summer! 


4. Get stronger. I weakly lift about 40 pounds on the weight machines, I can do about 160 pounds on the leg press machines, and my abductors and adductors can handle a rough 70 pounds. My goal is to be able to lift more to benefit my flabby arms and legs to tone and burn the fat. I am definitely not afraid of weights, I like feeling stronger and more tight. 


5. Multitask. I love spending time at the gym, taking the classes and such, but I find that I lose hours I could dedicate to studying. It takes 20 minutes to get to the gym and 20 minutes back. So, not only am I at the gym for 1-3 hours, I also lose another hour getting there. At this point, I really do need to focus on my studies, but I end up losing time to go to the gym, and I do not want to go backwards from the progress I have already made. I want to start bringing my notes to the gym, whether I'm on the treadmill or elliptical (wherever I am stationary), and study my notes while getting my cardio in. I have a nifty tablet that I could set on the machines so I can be efficient and productive while exercising. 


6. Cook more, buy less. As many of you have heard, your body is 80% mirrored on your nutrition and 20% mirrored on your workouts. What you consume and put into your body is crucial for a healthy lifestyle; it also reflects how you feel. When you cook, you know what you're putting into your body. As a college student, cooking meals may not always be as convenient as buying meals, but I need to make time to go back to the apartment and cook. I also want to be more creative with my foods and strive away from plain salads and eggs. 

A short, sweet, and simple list of goals should make my July a bit more relaxed and productive as a full time student. In a month, I will let you know how I did! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment