DIY: Kate Spade Inspired Notebook



Hellooo there!

I recently made this Kate Spade inspired notebook, and I am so proud of myself! I love the way it turned out, especially since this was such a spontaneous DIY project. Initially I was creating a framed motivational quote in gold, but then I ended up with this beauty. 


So here is what you need:
  • Notebook
  • Cardstock (2; one for the background, one for the monogram)
  • Cricut or printer
  • Scissors
  • Single hole-punch
  • Gold dots
  • Mod-podge
  • Sponge brush
  • A straight edge



So here are my choices of card stock. If you're going for Kate Spade like me, I would suggest a black&white striped and gold card stock. 


I used the Cricut Mini to create my monogram. If you do not have a Cricut, or any form of cutting machine, it may be a bit trickier and more time consuming to cut one yourself.


This is the result! I love the reflective gold card stock!


Now to apply it to your desired notebook...


I cut the card stock to match the measurements of the notebook PLUS an extra inch on each side to fold over the cover. 


Then I cut the corners...


I poured some mod-podge into a cup and used a sponge brush for application. I applied mod-podge directly to the notebook and on the back of the card stock. I position it correctly and folded in the edges and applied mod-podge to the back.

I found these gold sequin dots that were too big for this project, so I took a single hole punch and punched smaller holes from these. 


Mod-podge the monogram and dots onto the notebook and voilĂ 


Here's a little clip of the mod-podging process...


I hope you enjoyed this DIY, and I apologize if it was not easy to follow. I hope a lot of you will try this in your own way, adding your own design! Be creative!

Good Luck!


0 comments:

Post a Comment