Easy Sushi Recipe + How to make Spicy Mayo Sauce



I am a total sushi-lover! I am always in the mood for sushi, no matter what! My mommy taught me this recipe a couple of years ago, and I would like to share it with you! 


Although, it may not be the healthiest thing, and the ingredients may seem a bit unappetizing, but everyone who has tried it fell in love with this quick and easy recipe!

There is no raw meat, and you can find all of these ingredients at Wal-Mart! No fancy asian store or oriental market, just in the Asian section of your neighborhood Wal-Mart!


Ingredients:
Mayonaise
Green Onions
Shredded Crab
Jasmine Rice
Seaweed Wrapper

Everything will be proportional, meaning same amount of everything thrown into a bowl!

Yupp, that's it!

 

First things first, cook your jasmine rice. I use a rice cooker, but there is instant rice at Wal-Mart that you just boil in a pot then drain using a strainer. While that cooks, you're going to chop up your green onions into little tiny pieces. 

 

Throw your shredded crab meat into a bowl, along with your green onions and mayo! Boom! Done! 

If you cannot find shredded crab meat, any imitation crab meat will do just fine with a food processor. Just make sure everything is minced and mixed!


Grab a piece of seaweed wrapper (we cut our "sushi party wrapper" sheets we found at Wal-Mart into four smaller sheets) and add some rice, with your sushi mix on top!

There is no specific way to eat this... Sometimes I eat it like a pizza, sometimes like a taco, and sometimes like an actual sushi roll. However you want to eat it, it all ends up in the same place and is very yummy!

You never know until you try it! It really is delicious! You may be thinking, I am not a big fan of mayonnaise, but this recipe has yet to be rejected by any friend of mine!

SPICY MAYO TIME!


So you know that spicy orange sauce? You know... the one you eat with your sushi or sometimes comes on top of sushi in restaurants. Well I am going to show you how to make it with three simple ingredients.

Ingredients:
Mayonaise
Siracha 
Lemon

Just mix it all into a container and experiment! Like it a little more spicy? More siracha than mayo. Not a big spicy person? More mayo than siracha. Just keep tasting to your preference!

I hope you like this quick, simple recipe! Because there is a lot of mayo involved, I would say to eat in moderation and have monthly sushi nights (at home!) like me and my roommates!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Sushi with mayo and hot sauce? Wow! Just thinking of it makes my mouth water like a waterfall. Hahaha! Anyway, I love your take on the classic sushi recipe. I'm most definitely going to try that out. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe! Happy eating!

    Mitchell Butler @ Mikuni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please let me know how it is when you try it out! :D I would really appreciate it! It's sooooo gooood!

      Delete