Reflect with me...



Currently sitting here in front of some differential equations in which I have just finished solving. I sit back in my chair, and I just look outside the window next to the cubicle I have been sitting in for the past three hours. I thought to myself, “what am I doing with my life?” It’s a common question amongst us college-goers that we dread. Some of us go into college undecided on what major to choose, scared and looking for some answer. “This is my career path? Something I will be doing for the rest of my life?” They are not willing to commit until they know what they want to do, and until they find their passion. Some go to college and jump from major to major, trying to find themselves and looking for the right answer. They are willing to go to school for a couple more years, dipping their toes into multiple majors - getting a feel of the water. Then there is people like me, dead-set on a major, trying to persevere (and survive), hoping they chose the right path. But, I always ask myself: “Will I make it? Have I made the right choice?”


It is my sophomore year now as a Chemical Engineering major, and to be honest, I am scared out of my mind. In some ways I feel like I have overcome a huge obstacle in my life by getting through my freshman year, but that’s just it: I just “got through.” I did not get on the “Dean’s List” or make a 4.0 GPA. I actually had to re-take a class in the summer because I did not meet the required grade to move on to the next class. Currently, all of my Engineering peers - well the ones who survived freshman year - are at a career fair, ready and eager to hand out their resumes. Me? I am in the library studying and trying to understand these differential equations in order to pick up my GPA. Have I mentioned I have been sitting here trying to understand it all for the past three hours?

But I always tell myself: Don’t doubt yourself. Don’t question the present. You’re here for a reason. Look to the future. Persevere. Never give up. Stay true to yourself, and everything will fall into place.  Trust yourself and what you’re doing. You can do this. A couple more years, and it’s over. Prioritize. Stay motivated. Get inspired. Balance. Create good habits. Manage your time. Live a good life.


0 comments:

Post a Comment