Saturday - August 8, 2015

So today was solely cardio day, but I really did miss lifting. It's a crazy obsession, probably isn't healthy. But anyways, tomorrow is suppose to be rest day, but I think I am going to shift everything and workout each body part at least twice a week and doing cardio after. So I am going for arms tomorrow, which I am really looking forward to!


I woke up at 10am this morning, getting 9 hours of sleep because my little brother and I were up watching a movie last night. I made a huge salad for lunch with cucumber, red onions, feta (which I over-spilled) and grape tomatoes with grilled chicken. A very light lunch so I can get myself ready for cardio. After, I ran some errands, picked up lunch for my brother, fixed my hair then headed to the gym.

Well first, I took some flexin' selfies, don't judge! I definitely see more definition, especially starting in my shoulders which is a plus. I know you don't see results overnight, but I'm so happy with my decision to start lifting more.



I did 3 miles on the treadmill again, but I was aiming for 5 miles. I did one mile on the elliptical, then my mom called and said that we are going to church today at 4pm instead of Sunday, so I finished up mile 4 and left in a hurry because it was already 3:30, and I still had to get ready. Good thing I curled my hair before going because it took me like 10 minutes to get ready, which is impressive considering I just got back from the gym. I just had to shower, put on lotion, dress up, a little makeup and go!


After church, we didn't have the healthiest dinner, yet again. My mom took us to Texas Roadhouse where I just got a kid's meal of chicken nuggets, instead of the usual burger. I only ate half my kids meal by leaving a good bit of fries behind, but I did eat all the chicken. Protein man, protein!


Nutrition: Chicken - I can only find that it is 290 calories. Could not find the macros on that.
Fries - I ate only 1/3 of the serving. 80 cal | 6 carb | 2g protein | 2g fat

After dinner, I did get a good bit of mileage in by shopping! We went to TJ Maxx where I picked up two lightweight, fitted shirts and a fanny pack. Yes, a fanny pack!

Let me explain: I usually wear an armband to hold my iPhone, but recently it's been making my eczema flare up because the sweat collects at the armband. After watching a lot of YouTubers who lift, they have been using "fanny packs" to hold their iPhone. I actually wanted the Nike one because it's expandable and smaller, but I found one at TJ Maxx on sale for $8, so I was so excited and my mom got it for me.

Thanks, mom!


That's pretty much all for today, besides the huge storm that's hitting my city right now so I am trying to hurry to finish this post so it is posted on the same day before my power and wi-fi goes out.

Sunday is usually a rest day for most people, so I hope all of you will have a fabulous rest day!


0 comments:

Post a Comment